If you are reading this, your child has been handpicked to join our lesson roster, and I am thrilled to welcome you and your family to our studio!
Please read this carefully as it covers everything you need to know about billing, make-up lessons, cancellations, timing, transferring lessons, and a juicy new referral perk!
BILLING & INVOICING
- Once in August for a September start (15 lessons between September 12th and December 22nd, 2022)
- Once in January (1/2/2023) for the remainder of the school-year-long term (22 lessons between January 9th and June 15th, 2023)
- Each billing cycle has two (2) built-in make-up lessons. These must be used during that term’s current calendar. For example, if the lesson to reschedule is between September 12th and December 22nd, 2022, the make-up must be on the studio schedule before December 22nd, 2022, and so on. Lessons cannot rollover to the following term. Thank
- There will additional days added to the studio schedule to accommodate make-ups. This will include occasional weekend times or days that the studio would otherwise be closed.
- Because your child is enrolled as a term-long student (i.e., regular student), you have my highest priority with scheduling. You will be the first group to know about additional lesson days and opportunities to schedule make-ups.
- Lessons are also transferrable to another household member. For example, if my regular student is unwell, a sibling, or YOU, may like to take their lesson that week. This can be a fun lens into the amazing work studying voice really is. Please let me know ahead of that day’s 3pm EST start time so I am aware and can prepare for a new face & voice.
- New York City in-person lessons: Please note these lessons only will still have the 48-hour cancellation policy simply because there are more logistics involved and I’ll need time to plan around any changes. These additional in-person lessons will be charged two days in advance for this reason. If we are renting paid studio space, a small studio fee may be added — you will know in advance if that’s the case.
- As soon as I release the dates for NYC in-person lessons, you will be notified via email. I can hardly wait!
- Snow Day Procedures: If you are student who normally comes to the Fairfield County studio for in-person lessons and schools have a snow day and you cannot safely make it to the studio for your lesson, we will move your lesson to our remote platform (we use Zoom) and you’ll receive a new confirmation email with a link. Please communicate with me as soon as possible and I’ll make the change!
If you are having an in-person lesson and your child tests positive for COVID-19, we will move to remote lessons until it’s safe to reconvene at the studio. We will continue to be flexible and follow official school guidelines for the Weston Public Schools neighboring campus regarding how quickly is safe to return to in-person lessons.
- Lessons are 50 minutes long unless we have specifically discussed a shorter timeframe.
- If you are running late for your lesson, the lesson will still end on time.
- If you would like additional lessons, they’ll be charged at my regular student rate of $125 the day before our upcoming additional lesson. Please note, this fee is now only for my regular students. All other incoming students or those with a la carte lessons are at a higher fee.
- The lesson time we set up in August is your weekly time for the entire 2022-2023 school year. Once the term begins, the studio will often move to 90%-100% full and it will be difficult to find a new time. This is also why we’re including plenty of added days & times throughout the school year for plenty of opportunities for make-up lessons. Please prioritize this lesson time in your after-school activities calendar for the full school year 2022-2023 as it will remain for the entire school year term.
- Referrals are the highest complement I could receive as a studio owner & teacher. If you refer another student who enrolls as a regular student, you will receive an additional lesson to use during the current school year for every student you refer.
Here’s to another wonderful year of artistic growth for your child and music ringing through your rafters!